Bloggarkiv

söndag 23 januari 2011

How I paint my Warriors of Chaos armour.

Here is a easy tutorial about how I paint my Warriors of Chaos armour that have a slight green/bronze tint. Here shown by painting a shield.

Step 1.
I begin by painting the shield Dark Angels green, this doesn't need to be perfect since it's a basecoat and not anything final.

tut-1

Step 2.
Second is a thin layer of a watered burnish gold.

tut-3

Step 3.
Then either use a watered Bolt Gun Metal or as I did here, drybrush it heavy handedly (just make sure that the green and gold is still visible through (although just barely).

tut-4

Step 4.
I'm sorry for the picture quality here but you get the gist (I'll get a new picture as soon as I can).
Drybrush the surface lightly with Burnish Gold.

tut-7

Step 5.
Finally I ink it with Devlan Mud (although there are many great inks that can give different feels).

tut-8


Result.
And here is the end result, shield mounted on the back of a Chaos Warrior.

tut-10

and a picture where you get the feel of the metal (sorry for the blurriness new one is on it's way)

tut-9

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar